Whole School Events
1. PTA Core Member Meeting – Tuesday, 18th April
The third monthly PTA core meeting of the second semester will be held on Tuesday, April 18th, and we will notify all PTA members by email later on.
2. Whole School PD Early Release Day – Wednesday, 26th April
26th April(Wednesday) will be an early release day for students with buses leaving campus at 2:30. XLIS staff will be leading nine different sessions for other staff members.
3. Labor Day Holiday – Saturday, 29th April – Monday, 1st May
The school will be closed for the Labor Day Holiday from Saturday, 29th April to Monday, 1st May, 2023. We wish you all a safe and wonderful holiday.
4. Open Day – Saturday, 22nd April
On April 22nd, we will organize Lower PYP Open Day event to invite interested students and parents from outside to experience learning and life at XLIS. Interactive classes, campus tour, curriculum introduction will be designed to help parents better understand XLIS. Warmly welcome all families who are interested!
Primary School Events
1. Assemblies – Fridays
Each Friday one of our homeroom classes has the opportunity to showcase what they have been learning! This is a student-led event that is supported by the teachers. The parents of the class that is presenting will be invited to join the audience.
· 14th April, 14:40 – 15:25 – Performing Arts UP, Blue Dragon Theater
2. Primary Parent Talk (for PYP4 – PYP6 Parent) – Thursday，13th April
This is the last Parent Talk session in this academic year, we’ve completed the first three sessions in February and March. For April one, we’ve already invited several Upper Primary parents who are willing to share their education thinking, experience and stories face to face. Warmly welcome to participate in this meaningful session.
3. PYP Graduation Exhibition – Friday, 28th April
Secondary School Events
1. EE Introduction to MYP 5 Parents – Wednesday, 12th April
9:00-10:30: Black Box
Mr. Shameek our DP Coordinator will take parents through the process of Extended Essay to MYP 5 parents. This is an important component of the core of the DP programme and we would like parents to have a clear idea of the demands of this long-term paper and be able to support the students accordingly.
2. Secondary Parent Workshop (for MYP3 & MYP4 Parents) – Wednesday, 19th April
9:00-10:30: Conference Room
Ms. Kate Yu, our University counselor will give parents a talk on what university applications look like, how to choose universities and how to counsel and prepare the students for this important task.
3. Secondary Parent Workshop (for MYP1 & MYP2 Parents) – Wednesday, 26th April
Click here for more details.