I am so grateful for our community. I have just come from an active PTA meeting where we worked together to achieve our mission – to enable confident, open-minded, global citizens through life-long learning and a sense of community. Some of the items we covered were:
· Key concepts
· Summer fair planning
· MYP 5 work experience
· Barter trade
· Meeting with the school uniform company.
Association of Chinese and Mongolian International Schools (ACAMIS) Leadership Conference
Dr. Liu and I attended the ACAMIS conference this past weekend in Guangzhou. It was a fabulous learning experience with XLIS taking a leading role in many aspects. I have some wonderful news to share with you from the conference.
· Dr. Liu was voted onto the ACAMIS board of directors
· XLIS’s bid to host the national ACAMIS swimming tournament in March was successful
· Mr. Rambaud led the Activities and Culture Enrichment AGM
· Mr. Dwyer attended the Athlethics Directors AGM
· I led a workshop teaching other schools how we strategically plan at XLIS.
I believe you will see XLIS hosting more professional development conferences and sporting events in the near future, bringing the nation to our fabulous city.
Our human resources team completed recruiting for the next academic year. We will be welcoming 21 experienced educators to Xi’an this August. I have some exciting highlights to share with you in this most important area.
· In order to further develop the arts, XLIS will be opening a drama program in MYP
· A whole school student support department will be started in August, with an increase in student support in PYP and MYP
· Due to an increase in enrolments, we are planning on having 4 classes in M1 and increasing other year groups.
As always I love to hear from you. If you have any feedback or would like to meet with me, please respond to this email.
Deputy Head of School