Whole School Events
01.End of ECAs – Thursday, 2nd June
Dear parents, please be kindly reminded that our ECA program will end on June 2nd, 2022. From then onward, buses will depart the school at regular times on Tuesdays and Thursdays, until the new program starts in September 1st, 2022. Thanks to all of you who supported us with this endeavor!
02. Dragon Boat Festival – Friday, 3rd June – Sunday, 5th June
The school will be closed on Friday, June 3rd, 2022, for the Dragon Boat Festival. We wish you all a safe and wonderful holiday.
03. PTA Core Members Meeting – Tuesday, 14th June
Note: This event is a private venture designed for PTA Core Members only. PTA Core Members will be notified accordingly.
04. Semester 2 Reports – Wednesday, 15th June
End of semester reports will be released to parents on Managebac.
05. End of semester 2 – Friday, 17th June
06. ACAMIS Chinese Conference at XLIS – Saturday, 25th June – Sunday, 26th June
07. XLIS 2022 Summer Camp – Monday, 11th July – Saturday, 23rd July
Primary School Events
01. Assemblies – Fridays
Primary assemblies enable students to actively display what they have taken from their units of inquiry during the year. Students have been working on a trans-disciplinary theme which focuses on knowledge, concepts, ATLs (Approaches to Learning), action and Learner Profile attributes. The schedule is as follows,
Note: Parents may join each assembly based on their children’s year-level. Parents please click the link below to find the date and time of your child’s class. (https://xalis.com/primary-school/)
02. ECEB Graduation – Friday, 10th June
Time: 9:40 – 10:30
03. PYP Graduation – Friday, 10th June
Time: 13:30 – 14:30
Venue: Blue Dragon Theatre
PYP students will be finishing their time in primary school. On this day we will celebrate their journey and wish them the very best in our MYP program.
Secondary School Events
01. SDG Project Celebration – Thursday, 2nd June
On June 2nd, the MYP 1-5 students will present their final Sustainable Development Goals culminating projects to the secondary students and teachers. The event will be live streamed from 9:00- 10:30 so please watch our students share their projects, dedicated to the SDG’s.
02. PYP-MYP Transition Event – Monday, 6th June
03. Korean Parent Coffee Morning – Tuesday, 7th June
04. DP1 TOK Exhibition – Tuesday, 7th June
05. META Project Exhibition (MYP1-MYP4) – Wednesday, 8th June
Throughout the year our MYP1 -4 students have worked on their META “passion” projects for one hour per week during their homeroom classes. The students have explored a wide range of topics and undergone research of their topics. From 8:30- 9:25, our MYP One and Three students will share their projects with the MYP Two and Four students. From 9:30-10:25, the MYP Two and Four students will share their projects with the MYP One and Three students. This will be a great opportunity for sharing and for our students to demonstrate their Creative and Critical Thinking and Communication Skills. We are proud of our students for demonstrating Twenty First Century skills and for managing time and organizing projects quite independently. Teachers have been mentors and guides on the side.
06. MYP Celebration – Thursday, 9th June
We will celebrate our MYP5 students from 12:30 -3:25. The students will have a special lunch in the courtyard and receive their XLIS MYP Certificates. In the afternoon, students will demonstrate with games and music in the black box theatre. If parents want to attend the lunch and certificate release, they can contact Ms Bella Yang in the Secondary.
07. Kindness Day – Monday, 13th June
08. Secondary Subject Awards and Learner Profile Awards – Wednesday, 15th June
09. Rainbow Run – Friday, 17th June
On the final day of school, the secondary students will take part in the Rainbow Run. Students and teachers, clad in rainbow colored clothing will complete a challenge course and perform their personal best.
Click here for more details.