I am excited to invite you to join us in celebrating the International Day of Peace at XLIS! In a world that is constantly changing, the value of love and peace remains steadfast. Peace has the power to heal and create a better place for all. This global event is a wonderful opportunity for our community to come together and promote peace, understanding, and unity.
On September 21st, I strongly encourage all parents to participate in this annual event. You can show your support by dressing up in national or ethnic costumes and joining our students as they march through the field. Additionally, enjoy the students’ performances and speeches.
Here are the details for the event:
Date: September 21st, 2023
12:30: Doors open for parents
13:00: The event starts at the Track and Field with the International March.
13:20: After the march, students will line up on the field. (Primary school parents are responsible for their children if they are in attendance.)
13:25: Opening performances at the Blue Dragon Theatre(1st floor) for the whole school.
13:35: Performances and speeches:
- PYP2 – MYP 2 students’ performances and speeches will commence in the Blue Dragon Theatre on the 1st floor.
- MYP3 – DP students’ performances and speeches will take place in the Small Auditorium on the 3rd floor. （Event supporters: DP students.）
15:00-15:20 Student Art Gallery will be displayed on the first floor in the theatre lobby.
15:30: Event ends.
Please take note of the following:
- ECEA-P1 students will have world peace lessons in the classrooms.
- Parking: Parents arriving by car can utilize the school’s underground parking lot.
- Bus Service: If you require bus service, please register your information through the following link (https://www.wjx.cn/vm/h4ZhgGI….). The cost is 50 RMB per person.
- March: In the event of heavy rain on the day of the march, it will be moved indoors to a location within the building.
At XLIS, we value each and every student and appreciate the role parents play in our community. Let us come together to embrace the customs and traditions of our students, showcasing the beauty of our diverse community and teaching our children the importance of acceptance and cultural appreciation. I extend a special thanks to the incredible support we received from the PTA last year, and I am confident that with your continued support, this year’s International Day of Peace event will be truly remarkable.
I look forward to seeing you!
Head of XLIS
September 19th, 2023