Xi’an Liangjiatan International School’s recruitment for 2022-2023 academic year is now in full swing. We look for experienced international educators who share the mission and vision of XLIS and are committed to developing their careers in international education to achieve the goal of changing life through education.
· 2022-2023 Academic Year Foreign Expert Vacancies Information
· ECE Homeroom Teacher
· PYP Homeroom Teacher
· Primary Visual Arts Teacher
· MYP Music Teacher
· MYP Design Teacher
· MYP/DP Visual Arts Teacher
· MYP/DP Drama Teacher
· Recruitment Requirements
· Qualified with at least a Bachelor’s degree in education or PGCE, and a teaching certificate where applicable
· Over three years of successful full-time teaching experience
· A truly international perspective and cross-cultural competence
· Willing to work in collaboration with colleagues to establish a positive school culture
· Effective communication and engagement with children and their families
· Experience in respective IB program and respective subjects teaching
· Preferred subject Leader, IBE, workshop leader, site visit team member, examiner, moderator
· Experience teaching emergent bilingual learners
* Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, XLIS hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
* We request a clearance of criminal records and successful background check for all staff working with our students. Please be prepared to submit such documents from your country of origin and the country of your current residence, if different.
· The Recruitment Process
We invite you to engage with Xi’an and the community of Liangjiatan. You will have the opportunity to work with a team of outstanding educators drawn from around the world to create a new model of education. If you are interested in these challenges and opportunities, please contact us in the following ways.
We invite qualified candidates to email a cover letter, updated resume and list of three references to XLIS HR department, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· School Introduction
Xi’an Liangjiatan International School (XLIS), formerly known as Xi’an Hi-Tech International School’s International Department (XHISID), was founded in 2004. It is the first IB World School authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organization in the northwestern region of China. It is also a non-profit international school established by the Xi’an Municipal Government, and the Hi-Tech Zone Administrative Committee of Xi’an with the objective of serving the Shaanxi Free Trade Zone.
Xi’an Liangjiatan International School is committed to the professional development, implementation and sustainability of an effective international curriculum. It is the first school to complete several international certifications. And it is also the first IB world school in Northwestern China that is fully authorized to offer the PYP, MYP and DP curriculums. It also serves as the first SAT and AP testing centre. XLIS is also a WASC candidate school, ACAMIS International School in Sino-Mongolian region, Jr NBA course authorized school, and the only international youth collaboration camp in Shaanxi Province.
XLIS caters to outstanding international students aged 3-18, under the framework of the IB PYP, MYP and DP, XLIS focuses on its students’ developmental needs by providing small class sizes and teaching within a global context. The educators at XLIS respect the differences among students and their talents and highly value the importance of family education. They strive to create an international community that is conducive to students’ all-round growth through multidisciplinary teaching, social practices, inquiry and project-based learning.
· Teach and Learn at XLIS
Currently, XLIS is comprised of approximately 700 students and faculty members hailing from over 40 countries around the world, teachers’ ratio to students is 1:6. The school offers a friendly, motivational, and inspiring working environment. One-quarter staff have served at the school for more than five years. All teachers and administrators are professionally qualified to ensure all our students and staff receive the support they need to provide an excellent learning and service environment to our students and the wider school community.
· The School’s newly built campus is currently located at the heart of Liangjiatan Xi’an’s International Community. The campus is between the iconic Qinling Mountain range and the historic Feng River. The campus was designed by Chinese, American and Italian architects. It covers 103 acres of land with modern educational facilities.·
· Our facilities include: a library, a black box theater, a large theater, an Olympic swimming pool, tennis courts, an indoor basketball hall, a football field and various kinds of multimedia devices.
· Our services include: an international health center, an international restaurant, international student dormitories and high-quality maintenance and security services.
· The school invested in a new pressurized HVAC and IAQ system to improve the overall indoor air quality of the school, allowing clean fresh air to flow directly into the classrooms and enhancing the comfort of the learning and communication spaces within the school.
02. Benefits and Packages
· Competitive remuneration is provided to teachers in accordance with high-level international schools.
· International teachers are guaranteed with overseas living allowance, housing allowance, flight allowance, visa allowance, shipping allowance, and global medical insurance for faculty and dependents.
· Customized relocation service to international teacher’s smooth settlement in Xi’an and foreign teacher’s assistant’s 24-hour help with life matters in Xi’an.
· Staff’s children enjoy priority admission and tuition fee waiver.
· In school free lunch, childcare service, staff shuttle bus and birthday welfare are provided during working days.
· Professional Development at XLIS
XLIS believes that life long learning is not just a phrase we tell our students, but also the belief we want to model to our students. All staff are provided their professional development budget and opportunities both on campus and around the world. Our school actively encourages all staff to continuously improve professionally, and earnestly work towards leading “education through innovation and a student-centered approach” in order to better respond to the needs of the students and educate students to be open-minded global citizens.
· On-campus professional trainings：The school provides a variety of training opportunities to staff every year. These include new staff orientation week, face-to-face IB trainings and curriculum instruction with world-leading education experts at least three times a year, and local educators integration training.
· Staff training allowance: Teachers can apply using training budget for learning opportunities related to their professional and personal goals each year.
During the pandemic, XLIS has put staff development front and center. The school encourages and supports staff to take part in the trainings and workshops virtually, thus minimising the impact of reduced off-campus visiting and training opportunities.
Click here for more details
Author: Kathy Wei (Head of HR)